CHRISTIAN MIOLA (Tenor) and ALBERTO BUSETTINI (Harpsichord)
- Date: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Timing: Doors open 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start. Concert ends ~9:00pm.
- Venue: St. Thomas’ Parish Church, 1517 18th St. NW, Dupont Circle, Washington DC 20036.
- Metro: Venue is 5 mins walk from Dupont Metro station using the Q Street exit.
- Parking: 11 Dupont Circle parking garage is 2 mins walk from the venue. Parking is a flat rate $13. Note: garage closes at 11:00pm.
- Covid Protocols: Proof of full vaccination required. Other Covid protocols will be updated 2 weeks before the concert.
The Bel Canto style, with its silvery evenness of tone and displays of vocal agility and brilliance, heightens the beauty of so many favorite opera arias. Tenor Christian Miola, with Alberto Busettini accompanying on harpsichord and piano, takes the audience on a glorious Bel Canto journey through the ages, performing works by Monteverdi, Caccini, Mozart, Rossini and more. Alberto Busettini will complement the arias with several lavish pieces for solo harpsichord.
CHRISTIAN MIOLA was born in Gemona del Friuli in 1983. He began studying singing under the guidance of the Mezzo-soprano Mirna Pecile. He graduated in voice at the Jacopo Tomadini Conservatory of Udine, studying with the baritone M. Lippi. For over ten years he has followed master studies of Bel Canto in Rome with Maestro Alessandro Patalini, baritone and expert in vocal physiology and development.
Christian attended the Rockwell Blake tenor masterclass held in Turin (June, 2015) and the ‘Belcanto in Practice!’ masterclass with instructors F. Fussi, A.M. Errico, G. Tangucci, and G. Lomassi (July, 2015).
Over the years, Christian has given concerts and recitals of opera arias and sacred music in Italy, Austria, Hungary and the Netherlands, and performed as solo tenor with orchestras and choirs, as in the Requiem KV 626 for choir and orchestra by W.A. Mozart in collaboration with the Accademia d’Archi Arrigoni and the T. Schippers Orchestra.
In 2021 and 2022 Christian sang in Henry Purcell’s ‘Dido and Aeneas’, performing in the Altoliventina Chapel with the San Marco Baroque Orchestra of Pordenone.
Currently, Christian studies with Richard Barker in Bologna and is performing in concerts, recitals and Festivals.
Christian’s concert at Capriccio Baroque will be his debut performance in the U.S.
As Maestro al Cembalo he has conducted operas, including ‘L’Orfeo’ by Claudio Monteverdi, ‘Dido & Aeneas’ by Henry Purcell, Italian Intermezzos such as ‘Pimpinone’ by T. Albinoni and ‘La Serva Padrona’ by G. B. Pergolesi. Alberto regularly conducts Bach Cantatas with Coro del Friuli Venezia Giulia.
Alberto is pursuing a full schedule in 2022 which includes performing recitals and concerts in USA and across Europe. On his agenda are engagements in Venice with Gran Teatro La Fenice with Fabio Biondi (violin) and Monteverdi’s ‘Ulisse’ for Biennale Musica.
Alberto also continues as Artistic Director for the acclaimed Festival Risonanze, a position he has held since 2017. He also continues to teach harpsichord and basso continuo at the Fondazione Musicale Santa Cecilia of Portogruaro, Venice.
- Receipts for ticket purchases will be emailed within 24 hours of purchase.
- Please note that ticket sales are final and refunds cannot be processed.
- Ticket exchanges are possible providing exchange requests are received +14 days before the concert.
Exchange requests should be sent to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org
- If Capriccio must cancel a concert ticket holders will be reimbursed minus PayPal transaction fees.