JOIN CAPRICCIO AT RISONANZE FESTIVAL, ITALY
Northeastern Italy’s natural beauty is breathtaking. Translucent glacial lakes and sparkling rivers traverse narrow valleys bordered by the steep, densely forested mountain slopes and dramatic, jagged peaks of the Alps Giulie (Julian Alps) and Eastern Dolomites. Each summer the villages of Malborghetto-Valbruna and Tarvisio host the Risonanze Festival to celebrate the natural wonders and resources that sustain their communities. In music concerts communities celebrate the ancient tonewood forests that luthiers use for musical instruments renowned across the world. With offerings of delectable foods, including the famed Montasio cheese from cattle grazed on Alpine meadows, prosciutto, Friuli wines, wild honey, and herbs, they celebrate their local natural resources. And, residents acknowledge the beauty and bounty of their lands by passing summer days in the mountainside forests, wildflower-speckled meadows, and aquamarine lakes.
In 2022 Capriccio is delighted to partner with Risonanze Festival and its Artistic Director, Alberto Busettini, and bring a small group from the U.S. to join the Festival’s concerts and activities and revel in the area’s culture and outstanding natural beauty.
Capriccio offers 3 Festival Tour options to suit participants’ varying interests:
Option 1: Risonanze Festival of Music and Nature – June 15 – June 21. Maximum of 15 participants
Option 2: Risonanze Festival and hiking in the Alps Giulie – June 15 – June 23. Maximum of 10 participants
Option 3: Risonanze Festival and hiking in the Alps Giulie and Eastern Dolomites – June 15 – June 27. Maximum of 8 participants
Detailed itineraries and cost of each Tour option are provided in the tabs below. As Capriccio’s Tour group will be kept very small we recommend registering soon. To register, please print, complete and sign the forms provided under the Form 1, Form 2, and Form 3 tabs, scan the completed forms and email copies to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org. At the same time, please make the required deposit (40% of the total cost of your selected Tour Option) using the relevant pay button (Buy Tickets) provided at the bottom of this page. You will be asked to make the outstanding 60% payment on May 3. Our payment system is secure and you have the option of paying by credit card or via PayPal. If you register after April 15, 2022, full payment is required when you register (the payment buttons will be updated on April 15 to reflect this). Please review our cancellation policy in the Terms and Conditions document under the Registration Forms tab prior to making your reservation and payment.
Terms & Conditions
Waiver & Liability
Capriccio offers 3 Festival Tour Options to suit participants’ varying interests and time constraints. Itineraries for each Tour Option are detailed under the respective tabs. Photos are included to illustrate the surroundings and activities.
Option 1 June 15-June 21: Enjoy the gorgeous Risonanze Festival concerts, yoga in the woods, gong bathing, easy hiking, local food & wine tastings, etc. Max. 15 participants
Option 2 – June 15 – June 23: Includes all Option 1 activities plus two days of mountain hiking in the spectacular Alps Giulie. Max. 10 participants
Option 3 June 15-27: Includes all Options 1 and 2 activities plus 4 days of more demanding hiking in the dramatic Eastern Dolomite mountains. Max. 8 participants
TOUR COSTS: Costs of each Tour and details of what is, and is not, included in the Tour costs are in the ‘Tour Costs’ tab.
TO REGISTER: Please carefully review all information on this page before registering for a Tour – this will guide you in choosing the Tour Option that best suits your interests and abilities. To register please print out, read and sign the Forms contained in the FORM 1, FORM 2, and FORM 3 tabs and email scanned copies to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org Please also review the payment schedules and make your deposit or full payment using the ‘Buy Tickets’ button at the bottom of this page.
CAPRICCIO TOUR OPTION 1
RISONANZE FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NATURE
JUNE 15 – 21, 2022 (6 nights)
(Maximum of 15 participants)
Risonanze Festival is a wondrous blend of fine music and indoor and outdoor activities to suit everyone’s interests. The Festival takes place in small villages set in narrow valleys below stunning, majestic mountains. Music concerts are held on outdoor stages under the mountain backdrop and also in the beautiful late 17th century Palazzo Veneziano. Outdoors in the old spruce woods Yoga, Forest Bathing, and Gong Bathing are offered. Some special offerings for Capriccio Tour participants include: a guided walking tour through surrounding villages with stops to sample locally produced gastronomic delights; an easy hiking trip on lower mountain reaches; a gondola ride up Monte Lussari for spectacular mountain views; glacial lake swimming.
DAY 1 – June 15, Wednesday
Activities: Check-in at Tour Hotel in Tarvisio
- Bus pick-up at 2:30pm from Mestre Train Station, Venice, and transfer to Tarvisio (around 2 hours drive)
- Check-in at Hotel Il Cervo [ https://www.hotelilcervo.com/en/]. Luxuriate in the hotel spa.
- Enjoy the welcome dinner in the company of Festival Director Alberto Busettini.
DAY 2 – June 16, Thursday
Activities: Morning Hike in Tarvisio Area, Risonanze Festival Welcome Gathering, Concert
- Bus transfer to Fusine Lake for the morning hike to Rifugio Luigi Zacchi with local guide Fulvio Pisane – choose either 3 or 6 miles on an out and back route through forest and pastures. Total elevation gain for the 6 mile hike is 1,535′. Moderate and slower-paced hikers accommodated. Sturdy walking shoes/hiking boots advisable.
[ https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/italy/friuli-venezia-giulia/capanna-ghezzi-rifugio-luigi-zacchi?u=i ]
- Lunch beside the beautiful Fusine Lake (note: lunch is not included in the Capriccio Tour cost)
- Return to the hotel to relax at the spa and enjoy an early dinner at the hotel
- 18:30h – Bus transfer to Palazzo Veneziano, Malborghetto for Solo violin concert by Aleš Lavrenčič performing works by J.S. Bach and E. Ysaÿe on the 1692 Stradivari Hegedus.
- 20:00h – Join Risonanze d’Artista, a chat between musicians and guests, in Malborghetto’s 17th century Palazzo Veneziano’s garden with Risonanze Artistic Director Alberto Busettini, Enrico Bronzi, cellist, and Il Quintettoper Archi.
- 21:00h – Festival concert at Palazzo Veneziano, Malborghetto, a concert by Il Quintettoper Archi with special participation of Enrico Bronzi on cello. Music by W.A. Mozart and R. Schubert
DAY 3 – June 17, Friday
Activities: Walking Tour in Malborghetto-Valbruna followed by Risonanze Festival Concerts
- Transfer to starting point for gentle walking/hiking tour along the Puanina route led by local guide Fulvio Pisani. Visit local villages to sample their traditional delicacies, including organic meats, fresh herbs, homemade pies, honey, and the renowned Montasio cheese produced by cattle grazed on high Alpine meadows [ https://visitvalcanale.it/wb-content/uploads/2019/12/depliant-puanina-tour-ENG.pdf ]
- Lunch at Malga Priu (Note: Lunch is not included in the Capriccio Tour cost)
- Visit to Latteria di Ugovizza
- Return to hotel to relax
- 16:30h – Bus transfer to Val Saisera (Area B) for Musical Theater – Igor Stravinsky’s ‘Histoire du Soldat’ for narrator & small orchestra with staging by Venice’s famed Teatro La Fenice
- 18:00h – Bus transfer to hotel for dinner
- 20:30h – Bus transfer to Concert in Palazzo Veneziano – ‘Folk Songs’ with music by A. Dvorak, E. Grieg, and J. Suk performed by Domenico Nordio (Violin) and Orazio Sciortino (Piano)
DAY 4 – June 18, Saturday
Activities: Selections from Risonanze Festival
- 9:30h – Bus transfer to Malborghetto
- 10:00h-12:00h – At Palazzo Veneziano: Hegedus 1692 Stradivari Violin Exhibit & in Malborghetto’s town square: the LEGNO VIVO project where luthiers and other professional instrument makers exhibit their craft – keyboards, historical & ethnic drums, Alpine horns, acoustic guitars, accordions, instrument decoration and more.
- Lunch in the town square (Note: Lunch is not included in Capriccio Tour costs)
- 13:30h – transfer to Valsaisera
- 14:00h-16:30h – Forest Bathing in Valsaisera: An expert in forest pedagogy & forest therapy takes you to the resonant spruce trees to experience the regenerating power of the forest
- 17:00h – Pianist Leonora Armellini performs music by C. Debussy and F. Chopin at Stage Risonanze, Val Saisera (Area B)
- Transfer to hotel to relax in the spa and enjoy dinner
DAY 5 – June 19, Sunday
Activities: Selections from Risonanze Festival
- 8:00h – Bus transfer to enjoy Yoga & Gong Bathing in the forest near Malborghetto (Duration: 90 minutes)
- 10:30h – Transfer to outdoor matineé concert at Val Saisera (Area B) featuring Christian Miola (tenor) & Matteo Schönberg (piano) – ‘Two local artists inspired by the forests’
- Lunch at Hotel Saisera (Note: lunch is not included in the Capriccio Tour cost)
- 13:30h – Bus transfer for visit to the tonewood factory in Valbruna where local red spruce resonance wood, amongst the finest in the world, is processed and readied to be turned into soundboards for violins, cellos and other stringed instruments
- 16:30h – Concert with the Friuli Venezia Giulia (FVG) Orchestra featuring Alexey Botvinov (piano) performing S. Rachmaninov’s Piano Concerto No. 2, c minor, op. 18 and R. Schumann’s Sinfonia No. 4, d minor, op. 120. Stage Risonanze, Val Saisera (Area B)
- Transfer to hotel to relax and to enjoy dinner
DAY 6 – June 20, Monday
Activities: Scenic Visits around Tarvisio and Malborghetto-Valbruna
- 10:00h – Bus transfer to take a gondola ride up Monte Lussari to enjoy scenic mountain views over lunch (Note: lunch is not included in the Capriccio Tour cost)
- Take a post lunch swim or paddle, or sunbathe at beautiful Lago di Raibl beneath towering mountains.
DAY 7 – June 21, Tuesday
Activities: Travel from Tarvisio to Venice
For those registered for Tour Option 1 the Tour comes to an end. Participants will be transported to hotels near Marco Polo airport after which they follow their own arrangements in Venice or elsewhere for hotel stays, further sight-seeing, onward travel, required testing, and all other logistical arrangements.
CAPRICCIO TOUR OPTION 2
RISONANZE FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NATURE PLUS HIKING IN THE ALPS GIULIE
JUNE 15 – 23, 2022 (8 nights)
(Maximum of 10 participants)
Participants signed up for Capriccio’s Tour Option 2 begin by following the Tour Option 1 and, with Risonanze Festival’s end, add on two days of guided day hikes in the beautiful Alps Giulie which surround the Festival villages of Tarvisio and Malborghetto-Valbruna. These days provide participants with the opportunity to enjoy more of the area’s natural beauty and revel in spectacular vistas from the Alps Giulie. The hikes included in Tour Option 2 are rated ‘Moderate’ and accommodate moderate-to-slow hikers although participants should have prior hiking experience and good fitness and endurance as trails can be steep and paths rocky. However, no rock climbing, scrambling, or scree crossing is involved.
DAY 7 – June 21, Tuesday
Activities: Hike Jof Somdogna Mountain in Malborghetto area
- Hike Jof Somdogna – a 6 mile loop hike involving around 4 hours of active hiking. Cumulative elev. gain on the hike is ~2,007′. Hike is rated ‘Moderate’ by AllTrails. View the hike and elev. gains in this link:
- Return to Hotel Il Cervo to relax in the spa, dine and overnight
DAY 8 – June 22, Wednesday
Activities: Hike Cime di Terrarossa from Chiout Cali in Sella Nevea Area
- After a scenic 30 minute drive to the starting point above Sella Nevea, hike a 4 mile out-and-back route with turnaround point below Cime di Terrarossa’s peak. Estimated 3hrs 30mins of active hiking with elev. gain and descent of 2,000′. Hike rated Intermediate by Komoot. Good chance of spotting wildlife including the Alpine Ibex. Hike routing shown in link:
[ https://rb.gy/bldmen ]
- Return to Hotel Il Cervo to relax in the spa, dine and overnight
DAY 9 – June 23, Thursday
Activities: Bus travel from Tarvisio to Venice
For those signed up for Tour Option 2 the trip ends at this point. Participants then follow their own arrangements for hotel stays, additional sight seeing, onward travel and any associated travel testing and logistics. Participants returning to Venice can catch a ride on the group bus to Venice’s Mestre Train Station (2 hr trip).
CAPRICCIO TOUR OPTION 3
RISONANZE FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NATURE
PLUS HIKING IN THE ALPS GUILIE AND EASTERN DOLOMITES
JUNE 15-27, 2022 (12 nights)
(Maximum of 8 participants)
Participants signed up for Capriccio’s Tour Option 3 follow the same itineraries as Tour Option 1 and 2 and then, on June 23, after warming-up on the Alps Giulie, participants head off to the Eastern Dolomites for one half-day and two full-day hikes led by a local guide. These hikes offer exceptional views of these dramatic, jagged mountains. Participants will need to be experienced hikers with stamina and endurance to cover 8 mile hikes with elevation gains. Hiking routes include some steep ascents and descents on sometimes rocky, uneven and narrow trails. The hikes will not require rock climbing, rock scrambling or passage on perilous trails. Participants signing up for Option 3 will be provided with a list of basic gear requirements.
DAY 10 – June 23, Thursday
Activities: Drive to Eastern Dolomites for Short Hike at Cinque Torri and Monte Nuvolau
- Early departure for 2h 45 min drive to beautiful Lake Auronzo where there’s a stop to pick up a take-away lunch
- One hour drive to Rifugio Baia Bai de Dones – to take 5 Torri ski lift to Rifugio Scoiattoli
- Short circuit hike around Cinque Torri and then a short out-and-back walk to enjoy the views from Rifugio Nuvolau
- Descend via 5 Torri ski lift for 50 minute drive to overnight at Hotel Rose in Villabassa
DAY 11 – June 24, Friday
Activities: Hike Forcella Ambrizzola – Lago Federa Loop from Zanata
- 50 minute drive to trailhead
- Hike 8.14 mile loop with elev. gain of 2,675feet, descent of 2,650 feet. Rated Moderate. Approx. 5h 40mins
[ https://www.komoot.com/smarttour/760657?ref=wsd ]
- Return to Villabassa to overnight at Hotel Rose
DAY 12 – June 25, Saturday
Activities: Hike at Tre Cime di Lavaredo (Three Peaks of Lavaredo)
- Hike 6.2 mile circuit trail around the stunning Three Peaks of Lavaredo. Hike involves an elev. gain of 1,646′ and is rated ‘Moderate’ by AllTrails
[ https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/italy/friuli-venezia-giulia/tre-cime-di-lavaredo–2?u=i ]
- Overnight at Hotel Rose, Villabassa
DAY 13 – June 26, Sunday
Activities: A Gentle Hike and Lunch near Italy-Austria Border and Return to Tarvisio
- Depart from Villabassa/Eastern Dolomite area
- Stop en route to Tarvisio near the Italy-Austria border for a gentle ramble to Madonna delle Nevi Sanctuary (shown in photo below) and lunch at Feistrizer Alm
- Return to Hotel Il Cervo, Tarvisio to enjoy the spa, dine and overnight
DAY 14 – June 27, Monday
Activities: Bus transport from Tarvisio to Venice
Tour Option 3 ends at this point. Participants can take the group bus to Venice’s Mestre Train Station, a 2 hour journey. With the Tour’s end, participants follow their own arrangements for hotel stays, additional sight seeing, and onward travel, including any required testing and logistical arrangements.
CAPRICCIO TOUR TO RISONANZE FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NATURE
ESTIMATED COSTING FOR THE THREE TOUR OPTIONS
Please note: The cost estimates provided here are ‘best estimates’ for each of the Tour Options. Participants are requested to take careful note of what is and what is not included in the Tour as specified on this page.
WHAT IS INCLUDED in the Capriccio Tour Costs:
- Bus transportation from Venice (Mestre Train Station) to Tarvisio (Hotel Il Cervo) and for the return from Tarvisio to Venice (Mestre Train Station). One trip will be scheduled for each Tour arrival and departure date
- Risonanze Festival Card granting access to all Festival activities and concerts, with premier seating at concerts
- Single/Double accommodation with half board (breakfast and dinner) at Hotel Il Cervo, Tarvisio, per participant’s selected Tour Option
- Single/Double accommodation + breakfast at Hotel Rose, Villabassa, for Eastern Dolomites hiking trip participants
- Daily spa access at Hotel Il Cervo (one 2 hour pass per day for duration of participant’s registered hotel stay)
- Group bus transportation for Festival activities and Alps Giulie hiking as per schedule
- Group bus transportation for participants on Tour Option 3 Eastern Dolomites hiking trip
- Fees for guides leading walking/hiking activities for Tour Options 1, 2, and 3
- Gratuities for bus drivers and hiking guides
TOUR OPTION 1: RISONANZE FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND NATURE, JUNE 15 – 21, 2022 (6 nights)
Per person with double room accommodation: USD 1,576
Per person with single room accommodation: USD 1,698
TOUR OPTION 2: RISONANZE FESTIVAL + ALPS GIULIE HIKING, JUNE 15 – 23, 2022 (8 nights)
Per person with double room accommodation: USD 1,760
Per person with single room accommodation: USD 1,942
TOUR OPTION 3: RISONANZE FESTIVAL + ALPS GIULIE + EASTERN DOLOMITES HIKING, JUNE 15 – 27, 2022 (12 nights)
Per person with double room accommodation: USD 2,625
Per person with single room accommodation: USD 2,832
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED in the Capriccio Tour Costs:
- Air travel to and from Venice and any stop-over costs, including those caused by travel reschedulings or cancellations
- Passport, visa, vaccination, health testing, etc. requirements for travel to, from, or during the Tour
- International travel health insurance coverage – This is required for participation in any of the Tour Options
- Medical expenses, treatments, and/or medication purchases incurred en route to/from and during the Tour
- Lunches for days spent in the Tarvisio/Malborghetto area for participants on Tour Options 1, 2, and 3
- Lunches and dinners for participants in Tour Option 3 – Eastern Dolomites hiking trip
- Miscellaneous refreshments, snacks and souvenirs
- Transportation and activity costs not specified in the Capriccio Tour Activities Listing and Costings
- Equipment purchases necessary for Tour Option activities
- Any costs incurred by participants outside of their selected Tour Option period
COVID AND GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Please revisit this page periodically as updates will be made periodically
Any trip that involves air and ground transportation, hotel accommodation, group participation, hiking, walking and swimming, and other common vacation activities carries inherent risks, no matter how carefully the activities are planned. During the pandemic there are other particular health risks associated with possible Coronavirus infection. Capriccio is committed to minimizing these risks to the extent possible. We outline, below, the Covid and General Health and Safety Protocols we have in place as of end January, 2022). We will be updating these Protocols in the months running up to the Tour and therefore strongly recommend that interested participants revisit and check this page periodically. Participants who have signed up and made a deposit/full payment for their participation will receive emails from Capriccio whenever updates are made to the Protocols. Others interested in the Tour should keep up-to-date on Capriccio’s Protocols by checking information on Capriccio’s website under this tab.
A particular travel concern relates to pandemic conditions both in the U.S. and Italy. Capriccio will be closely and continuously monitoring Covid and Covid-related conditions in both countries. Capriccio reserves the right to make changes to its Tour Covid Health and Safety Protocols, and also the Tour Option plans during this period as it deems wise and fitting. This could include cancellation of the Tour if Capriccio deems travel too risky. In the event Capriccio cancels the Tour or specific Tour Options those who have made either deposits or full payments for Tour participation will receive full reimbursement.
As of March 15, 2022, Capriccio’s Covid Health and Safety Protocols are as follows:
- Capriccio staff on the Tour and Capriccio’s Italy-based Tour liaison will be fully vaccinated (vaccination + booster shot)
- All Tour Participants must be fully vaccinated to join the Tour. Participants must provide proof of full vaccination prior to travel to Italy
- Capriccio will follow Festival Risonanze’s Covid Protocols. As of early May, Festival protocols require participants to wear appropriate masks at all indoor functions and participants should assume that this requirement will remain in place and take a sufficient quantity of masks with them for use on the Tour.
- Capriccio will only contract with local hiking guides who are fully vaccinated.
- All Tour participants will be required to arrange for, and provide proof of, suitable Travel Health Insurance covering the full period of their Tour (including flight and Tour Option dates). Travel Health Insurance should cover both Covid-related illness/hospitalization and other accidental illnesses/physical injury treatment/hospitalization.
- Participants are also strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance coverage to cover unanticipated travel issues such as cancelled/rescheduled flights, unexpected overnight stays caused by travel disruptions, unanticipated interruption of the Tour, etc. Capriccio will not cover the costs of, or reimburse participants for, travel-related or personal factors that disrupt participation in its Tours.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – CAPRICCIO BAROQUE RISONANZE TOUR TO ITALY
Please carefully review the schedules and activities in Capriccio’s three Tour Options list as posted on our website (www.CapriccioBaroque.org) and then take the time to read and absorb the contents of this Terms and Conditions document and the Waiver and Liability Release form. It is essential that participants fully understand the activities, offerings, and physical demands of each Tour Option before registering. If anything isn’t clear or if you have questions please email Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org
1. What the Capriccio Tour Offers: In signing this document the participant confirms they have carefully read and understood the information provided on the Capriccio website under the ‘Tour Cost’ tab on what services, equipment, and assistance is, and is not, included in the Capriccio Tour Options.
2. Required Paperwork: To make and hold a reservation and join the Tour the participant acknowledges they need to submit the following documents:
i) Signed Terms and Conditions form (submission required at time of registration)
ii) Signed Waiver and Liability Release form (submission required at time of registration)
iii) Completed Registration form (submission required at time of registration)
iv) Copy of Covid Vaccination card (prior to Tour departure)
v) Proof of travel health insurance (prior to Tour departure)
The forms to be submitted at time of registration can be found on the Risonanze Festival page of the Capriccio website. Participants should please carefully read, print out, sign and date these forms and email scans to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org
3. Early Registration (before May 2, 2022): Early registrants should submit the forms as per point 2, above, and make the deposit of 40% of the Tour cost. To make the deposit go to the Risonanze Festival page of the Capriccio website. Use the dropdown arrow to select your Tour Option and then click on the ‘Buy Tickets’ button below. Our website is secure for payments. The remaining 60% of the Tour Option cost will be due May 15, 2022. Capriccio will send you a ‘gentle reminder’ notice at that time.
4. Registration after May 2, 2022: Registrants should complete and submit the forms as per point 2, above. Those registering after May 2 are required to pay in full for their selected Tour Option. Payment should be made on the Risonanze Festival page of the Capriccio website. Use the dropdown arrow to select your Tour Option and click on the ‘Buy Tickets’ button. Our website is secure for payments.
5. Cancellation Policy:
* Deposits and payments are refundable until May 20, 2022, minus the 2% PayPal transaction service fee which is applied to both PayPal and credit card payments.
* For cancellations made after May 20 and before June 1, 2022, refunds will be processed but cancellation penalties imposed by hotels and other service providers will be deducted from the refund amount.
* Cancellations made from June 1, 2022, on will qualify for a refund of 75% of the Tour Option payment to account for non-refundable deposits and penalties charged by hotels and service providers.
* Refunds will not be provided to anyone who is not able to use the services included in their Tour Option package in part or in full due to failure to show, inappropriate or expired travel or vaccination documents, or minor indisposition.
* Refunds for services reserved but not used during the Tour Option will not be made.
6. Covid Vaccination and Testing:
* Full vaccination is required to participate in the Tour. Please remember to include a copy of your vaccination card before departure to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org
* Capriccio will inform participants of Covid testing and masking requirements during the tour in early June, 2022, drawing on prevailing CDC guidance and Italy-specific requirements.
* Covid testing requirements for entering Italy. Capriccio directs participants to their international airline carrier for such information. Airlines are responsible for ensuring passengers meet destination country regulations and therefore provide the most up-to-date and reliable information. Most airlines now have apps which inform passengers about pre-travel testing requirements and documents that need to be completed for travel.
7. Travel documents & visas: Participants are responsible for ensuring their travel documents are valid and up to date, for determining if they need visas, and for obtaining required visas.
8. International travel arrangements: Participants are responsible for arranging their international flights and in/out airport transport. These services and costs are not included in the Capriccio Tour costing. We recommend arrival and departure from Venice where pre-scheduled bus transport to and from the Festival location has been arranged by the Tour.
9. Health Insurance is required and Travel Insurance recommended: Health insurance coverage is required of all participants for the period of travel and should cover sickness, injuries and hospitalization. Proof of health insurance coverage should be provided to Capriccio before departure for Italy. Capriccio will not be able to provide medical or financial support to participants who are injured or become ill on the Tour. We also strongly recommend that participants purchase travel insurance in case flights are delayed or cancelled which is a possibility given the ongoing pandemic, conflict, and other such issues. Capriccio will not be able to refund participants for cancelled flights or Tour activities missed due to flight cancellations, delays, etc.
10. Local transportation arrangements: The Capriccio Tour provides the following local transportation:
*Bus transportation from Mestre Train Station, Venice to Tarvisio on June 15. The exact time will be provided to participants in early June.
*Bus transportation from Tarvisio to Mestre Train Station, Venice at the end of each Tour Option. The exact timing will be provided to participants in early June.
*Bus transportation from Hotel Il Cervo, Tarvisio, to and from Risonanze Festival activities on a pre-set schedule. The schedule will be given to participants on arrival in Tarvisio.
*Group bus transportation to and from each hike offered in Tour Option 2.
*Group bus transportation from Tarvisio-Eastern Dolomites-Tarvisio and to and from hikes offered in Tour Option 3.
Participants are responsible for arranging and paying for any other local transportation outside of the provisions outlined here.
11. Assurance of Sound Health: All Tour Options involve some walking or hiking. Tour Options 2 and 3, particularly, require sound health, stamina, a good level of fitness, and prior experience hiking in mountains. We recommend participants have a medical checkup before Tour departure to ensure they are in sound health. By signing these Terms and Conditions and the Waiver and Liability Release forms the participant acknowledges that they take responsibility for having ensured they are in sound health and are fit and able to engage in these activities and thereby release Capriccio and associated parties from any and all liability.
12. Right to Cancellation: In signing this document the participant agrees that Capriccio reserves the right to cancel or foreshorten any/all of the Tour Options if it considers continuance to be potentially dangerous to the participant and/or group. Capriccio reserves the right to be the party that makes such a determination. Cancellation/foreshortening might, for example, happen if pandemic conditions worsen considerably and unexpectedly, if regional conflict expands and/or becomes more threatening, if air travel is suddenly being greatly restricted, etc. If the Tour is cancelled before the participant’s departure from their home country the participant will be reimbursed 100% of their Tour Option cost paid at the date of cancellation. If the Tour is foreshortened after the Tour has commenced the participant will be reimbursed their Tour Option costs on a pro rata basis to be assessed by Capriccio.
By signing this form the participant confirms they have carefully reviewed and understood: the Tour Option information provided on the Capriccio Baroque website; the Terms and Conditions as laid out in this document; and the agreements detailed in the Waiver and Liability Release document.
RISONANZE FESTIVAL TOUR, ITALY, JUNE 2022 WAIVER & LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING – EACH PERSON IN YOUR FAMILY/PARTY SHOULD SUBMIT A SIGNED FORM
In consideration of Capriccio Baroque 501c3, their successors and/or assigns furnishing services, transport, outdoor/indoor guides, advice, and/or equipment to enable me to participate in my chosen Risonanze Festival Tour Option (1, 2, or 3) and any or all other related and/or secondary activities, I agree as follows:
I fully understand and acknowledge that the Tour Festival and associated recreational activities have: (a) inherent risks, dangers, and hazards and such exists in my use of transportation and local services and my participation in indoor/outdoor concerts, exercise including, but not limited to, yoga, gong and forest bathing, walking and hiking, swimming, use of hotel spa facilities, and any/all related and/or secondary activities; (b) my participation in such activities and/or use of associated equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, drowning, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death, or other ailments that could cause permanent disability; (c) these risks and dangers may be caused by the gross or actual negligence of the owners, employees, officers, or agents of Capriccio Baroque, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes. Risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including, but not limited to, representatives or guides decision making, including that a representative or guide may misjudge terrain, weather, trail or route location, risks of falling or slipping, and such other risks, hazards and dangers that are integral to recreational activities that take place in an outdoor or indoor recreational environment; and (d) by my participation in these activities and for use of any equipment and transport, I hereby agree that I am voluntarily participating in such activity, that I have been advised of the risks and hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, or employees of Capriccio Baroque, other guests, or by any other person.
I, on behalf of myself and my successors or assigns hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Capriccio Baroque, its owners, agents, officers, donors, and employees from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise that may arise from my use of equipment, transport, and/or participation in primary or secondary activities associated with Capriccio Baroque’s Risonanze Festival Tour or any other activities. I
specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging, and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers, donors, or employees of Capriccio Baroque, their successors and/or assigns.
I also agree to the following: I, the undersigned, acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards involved in participating in international travel and participating in indoor/outdoor activities and associated activities, to include but not limited to walking, hiking, swimming, and indoor/outdoor exercising. I voluntarily participate in all such activities although knowing such dangers and hereby release Capriccio Baroque, its officers, employees, agents, donors, successors and assigns and all other persons participating on their behalf in the expedition from and against any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or relating to any loss, damage, disability or injury (including death) that may be sustained by me in connection with my participation in this activity. This release shall be binding upon the administrators and/or executors of my estate, my heirs and distributees. The venue of any dispute that may arise out of this agreement or otherwise between the parties to which Capriccio Baroque or its agents is a party shall be Washington, District of Columbia.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND LIABILITY RELEASE IN FULL AND BY SIGNING IT AGREE. IT IS MY INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE CAPRICCIO BAROQUE 501c3, THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE.
Date of Birth:
Signature of Parent or Guardian (if participant is less than 18 years of age):
MAKING FINAL DEPOSIT PAYMENTS.
Please select your Tour Option in the box to the right, then click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button. On the next page under Quantity select 1 for Single occupancy or 2 for Double occupancy and then select your payment method. We will send you an email acknowledging your payment. Thank you!