LILLIAN GORDIS – enharmonic
- Date: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Timing: Doors open at 7:30 pm for an 8:00 pm start. Concert ends ~9:30 pm
- Venue Address: Live! at 10th and G, 945 G Street NW, DC 20001. Venue is a modern glass building.
- Metro: One block’s walk from either Metro Center or Gallery Place station.
- Parking: Under-venue parking available for flat rate $10 with entry after 5:00 pm. Garage entrance at 980 G Place, NW.
Award-winning harpsichordist Lillian Gordis charts new territory with an unusual and absorbing narrative recital. Chromaticism and modulation define the history of harpsichord repertoire and this program explores their interplay. Lillian juxtaposes works by William Byrd, John Bull and William Tisdall with Preludes and Fugues from J.S. Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II. Join her on this glorious, complex journey through tonality and color.
Classics Today – Jed Distler: Of Lillian Gordis’ recording ‘Bach’ – ‘I’ve rarely heard a harpsichord recording with such presence and bloom, resonant warmth, soaring bass lines, and timbral richness’.
Gramophone – Mark Seow: ‘…the non-alignment of these first beats (played by Lillian Gordis) is extremely sexy – and the harpsichord practically purrs in majesty.’
Washington Classical Review – Charles Downey: ‘…a diverting variety of touch and rhythmic pacing…’
France Musique – Corinne Schneider: ‘ Lillian Gordis allows time for all aspects of the music to be heard, for us to appreciate her beautiful sound and delight in her touch…’
- Receipts for ticket purchases will be emailed within 12 hours of purchase.
- Please note: ticket sales are final and refunds cannot be processed.
- Ticket exchanges for another concert in the same Season are possible if requested +7 days out from the concert. Exchange request emails should be sent to Carolyn@CapriccioBaroque.org
- In the unlikely event Capriccio has to cancel a concert, ticket holders will be reimbursed by mailed check.